Re: Dawkins: Dawkins stumped on tape? "Creationist deception

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:33:47 -0400

At 08:41 AM 9/28/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:

>Dawkins ought to be smart enough to know that what Christians do and say may
>have nothing to do with Who Christ is and what He did on the cross. To the
>extent that Dawkins uses the incident you mention to attack Christians to
>that extent he shows his ignorance and/or his disdain for God.

Since he is an avowed atheist I would not expect Professor Dawkins to be an
expert on God, or on Jesus Christ. All he has to go on is the behavior of
Christians, and the Christians in this particular instance have done
something he perceives as very unethical. As a Calvinist I don't believe
anyone is going to "fall through the cracks". Every person who is a child
of God will be saved. But the means God chooses to bring about salvation
are the preaching of the Word and the example set by Christians. If we
fail to always be ready to explain the reason for the hope we have to
whoever asks, with gentleness and respect (1 Pet 3:15) are we not rebelling
against God?

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
Staff Research Engineer
Chassis and Vehicle Systems MC 480-106-390
GM R&D Center
30500 Mound Road
Warren, MI
hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com / whamilto@mich.com (home)