Re: One for Hugh Ross

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 06:14:35 -0500

At 05:26 AM 9/21/98 EDT, RDehaan237@aol.com wrote:

>A small point. I think you have misread Hugh. He is not say that
"correcting
>mistakes" causes a loss of credibility. Rather he asks to be forgiven for
>"the scientific misstatement in the science news article". That is what the
>"it" refers to. That is what has caused the confusion and loss of
>credibility.

Considering that one can not or does not generally ask for forgiveness for
the mistake of others, I find your reading to be strange. Also the next
sentence says:

"I'm not sure how I missed it in the proofing stages, ..."

Since Hugh doesn't proof read Science News (to my knowledge) I still think
he is correcting one of his goof-ups. But I find that to be a good thing.

><<I applaud Hugh for his public retraction of erroneous data.>>
>
>Agreed. Retraction of erroneous data enhances credibility.

And why Christian apologetical ministries find it to be so difficult to
correct errors is beyond me. I am glad Hugh took the steps he did.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood