Re: [SCICHR] "modern" evolutionary theory/evidence

Steven Schimmrich (schimmrich@earthlink.net)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 06:53:14 -0400

Many of the evolution questions you ask are addressed in the Talk Origins
archives. They are located at http://www.talkorigins.org/.

A Gallup Poll was done on September 10, 1993 (most libraries have Gallup
Poll results in the reference section) which asked:

"Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the
origin and development of human beings: 1) Human beings have developed
over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided
this process; 2) human beings have developed over millions of years from
less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process; or 3)
God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time
within the last 10,000 years or so?"

"Developed, with God = 35%"
"Developed, no God = 11%"
"God created, in present form = 47%"

It didn't really clarify things any more than this.

--
   Steven H. Schimmrich
   Physical Sciences Department      schimmri@kutztown.edu (office)