Re: >Re: intell. des. and Berra's folly

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 13:19:27 -0500

At 09:14 AM 6/6/98 -0500, John P. McKiness wrote:

>My question is why must we accept that God determined the outcome?
>
>To me He seems to prefer to work _with_ what He has available and He knows
>the outcome. In my opinion this is a better model of how God can be
>sovereign and yet allow His creation freedom to exist and allow Adam the
>choice to reject Him.

I am not sure there is a big difference between us on this, John. If God
can't determine the outcome, then I don't see how he could KNOW the outcome
in advance. And if God, as creator, knows the outcome of a given event,
then in some real sense He controlled it because he made everything we see.

I would also cite the use of chance and lots to chose disciples and make
decisions in the Scripture as evidence that God not only does know the
outcome He controls it.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood