Re: Human skull evolution

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 04 Jun 1998 19:46:15 -0500

At 11:25 AM 6/4/98 -0500, Pattle Pun wrote:
>Progressive creation allows for most of the hominid finds to be true human
>beings who may have been "devolved" from the original pair after their
>Fall and lost their cultural heritage.

This view would have the same difficulty that my view is often charged
with. If these were 'devolved' people then why do they occuer PRIOR to the
first evidence of the culture they supposedly devolved from? I place Adam
and the flood much before the time of Homo erectus and have them have lost
the culture after the flood. But most progressive creationists place the
flood and Adam after Homo erectus and so there is no reason for them to be
so culturally poor. How do you explain this in a coherent progressive
creationist position?

(BTW I don't really believe in 'devolution' in the sense of degeneration
any more than I belive in evolution meaning the creation of 'higher'
animals)
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood