Re: intell. des. and Berra's folly

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 18:26:04 -0500

Hi Ed,
At 07:17 AM 6/2/98 -0700, E G M wrote:
>At this point I have not kept my word because I'm still discussing the
>issue when I said that I was not going to anymore. This is a futile
>excercise. Everyone will continue to think in the framework of their
>own paradigm. I just hope and pray that you'll agree that Behe's IC
>definition was not meant to be applied in the macro-world.

Behe himself does not make this limitation. In fact, he uses it in
macrosystems like his famous mousetrap example. In his index he has
"mousetrap, irreducible complexity of 42, 47). Of the mousetrap he writes:

The second step in determining if a system is irreducibly cmplex is to ask
if all the components are required for the function. In this example, the
answer is clearly yes." p. 42

The mousetrap IS a macrosystem that you are trying to say is not meant by
Behe. Why does Behe use a macro example if he didn't think I.C. applied to
macros? While you have read Behe, you have not understood Behe.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood