Re: >Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Wed, 06 May 1998 14:19:55 -0500 (EST)

At 06:45 PM 5/4/98 -0500, Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>At 12:20 PM 5/4/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>>What I mean is that we cannot "predict" what God will do vis a vis nature.
>>Only revealed truth allows us to know God. Certainly our natural laws tell
>>us something about the Creator, but the laws are descriptive and cannot tell
>>us anything about the future of the universe. [I have worked on the Big Bang
>>but still make such a statement.] Scientists cannot say for sure that the
>>sun will rise tomorrow. I was using your very same word. What I said is that
>>we change our minds and know it. We cannot box God by our naturals laws and
>>say what He cannot do!
>
>I agree that the laws tell us something about the Creator, but I most
>certainly hope that the physical laws tell us about the future of the
>universe. I am scheduled to do a lot of flying in airplanes between Dallas
>and Houston over the next few months and frankly I hope Bernoulli's law is
>upheld each and every time I get on the airplane. If it isn't, then I am
>in trouble.
>
>I would say that because God is consistent, we can know that the laws WILL
>tell us about the future and that they also tell us about the past!
>glenn

Dear Glenn,

Scripture tells us about a new earth and a new heaven. Do these things have
anything to do with our earth and our sky. If so, I cannot see how our
present laws will predict such things. Glenn let us face it we do not know
if we are going to be here tomorrow. Human mortality may point to the
"mortality" of the universe. Perhaps, then just as we cannot know when we
will die, we cannot know when the universe will "die." God is consistent,
but that does not say that such consistency means what we want it to mean.
We really don't know that much about God. In Christ we see mainly His love
for us.

Take care,

Moorad