Re: >Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Sat, 02 May 1998 17:02:11 -0400

Glenn R. Morton wrote:

> At 10:46 AM 5/2/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
> >If God is not bound to do exactly opposite
> >of what our present laws indicate, then what do you mean by God's
> >sovereignty? Whatever God does is not like us changing our minds. We always
> >say that the laws we find are only approximate but will approach a sort of
> >limiting laws as time progresses. That is a very big assumption. Nobody
> >really knows.
>
> I must admit to being a little confused here about what you are trying to
> say. If God's sovreinty depends on His doing what we don't think he does,
> then when we change our mind, does God change his actions?

The assumption seems to be that God's "sovereignty" is
equivalent to an absolute & arbitrary dictatorship. A common idea -
it's the kind of God most people would be if they could be God. But it
is not the God who is revealed in Christ.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy