Re: Coal /YEC - Gastaldo Critique I

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 05:47:46 -0500

At 11:29 PM 4/29/98 -0600, Bill Payne wrote:
>I totally agree. With the limited time that I have though, I am more
>interested in sorting out the truth as I see it, rather than blowing hot
>air at people who, as you have shown, are not likely to change anyway.

Bill, I would point out that those people strongly influenced me when I was
a YEC, and I think if you really thought about it you would have to admit
that they also seriously influenced you. The arguements you are citing for
a young earth and a global flood are precisely the arguments generated by
those people who are not likely to change. One of the best ways to make
one think about what he believes is to point out that their teacher is not
consistent. And one thing is certain, the YEC apologists are not consistent.

>But be encouraged; I really think things within the YEC camp are
>beginning to change - a point made by Kurt Wise's foreword in Leonard
>Brand's book, _Faith, Reason, and Earth History_.

I respect Kurt a lot. But until someone actually explains things like the
list I gave you, the global flood is going to be useless as an apologetic
in this scientific age.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood