Re: >Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:33:01 -0500

At 08:29 AM 4/23/98, Moorad Alexanian wrote:

>Dear Glenn,
>
>Design or not, it seems to me that what you are saying would almost imply a
>sort of deism. I ask you, is the God you are referring to the God of
>Scripture who became flesh and died for us?
>
>Enjoy your posts,

Thank you. Is it Deism to have God operate the planetary orbits and the
stellar orbits via law? Is it deism to have God control the 'location' of
an electron around a nucleus by means of quantum mechanical laws? It is
really odd to me that the only place we worry about deism is when one wants
to discuss biology. Explain to me why it is so much more deistic for God to
order the planets rather than ordering biology by law?

By the way, we physicists put deism on the map with the divine clockmaker
viewpoint that dominated Christianity in the 18th century yet
anti-evolutionists wish to return to those days.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood