Re: >Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:47:07 -0500

At 07:20 AM 4/22/98, E G M wrote:

>I mean no disrespect but I must say that you are really amusing me.

I am delighted to be able to provide some amusement for you. It is one of
the goals of my life to provide you with entertainment.

>If you only knew of the numbers of discoveries and inventions that
>arrived serendipitously. However, the person(s) involved was(were)
>working intelligently, with advanced tools, etc., etc., and was(were)
>able to recognize something important (sometimes the recognition was
>made by others years later). I have had the same experience you had,
>but I believe that NOTHING would have occurred were not for the fact
>that an intelligence was there to produce by MISTAKE and RECOGNIZE the
>result. IOW, these amazing "mistakes" occurred within the context of
>an intelligent, concious, working, and deciding society. BTW, I
>read your pages about 1 yr ago and I saw design, design and design.

Now, answer the question which you really don't seem to want to answer. If
God created a living cell by DESIGN, and it was then able to harness random
mutations, and through selection search through the sequence space and give
rise to the rest of the plant and animal kingdom, why is that NOT design? As
I said in my post and as Loren pointed out to you (obviously futilely) that
design is not tied to a view in which each critter is individually created.
The initial design and creation of a cell with the potential to give rise to
other living forms is also design. Please explain why it isn't design?

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood