Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

E G M (e_g_m@yahoo.com)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

---Glenn Morton <grmorton@waymark.net> wrote:

> Ed, You have equivocated DNA sequence with reproductive system.

Sections of the genetic code are copied for protein production, etc.,
and DNA get replicated with every cell division. I have not
equivocated anything, I was talking of both to show that the sequence
is not static, it defies entropy, it guards against mutations, it
repairs itself, etc., performed hundreds of functions non-randomly,
that's the message.

> That might
> be a different question. But the human DNA sequence which is quite
variable
> from person to person, was still manufactured originally by some
process

Well, I don't want to sound like a creationist, but isn't this the
kind of affirmation that assumes MN. Couldn't it have been created
"de novo"? But let's assume MN (since I don't want to get the same
message that Will Provine just got), we do have a genetic code and it
appears that we can't know whether it was designed or randomly
assembled. At this point, since we can't really repeat the experiment
that Nature performed through ages, we can only "guess" or have a gut
feeling ....... Or is there a way to be sure (now) ?

> either a random one or designed. Mathematically we still can't tell
how >it was made.

Could mathematics ever be able to tell?