Re: Guide for Teaching Evolution

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:57:06 -0500 (EST)

At 10:49 PM 4/10/98 -0700, Robert L. Miller wrote:

>Dick Fischer wrote:
>
>> The National Academy of Science has its new guide for teaching
>> evolution on this web page:
>> http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/evolution98
>>
>> Anybody see anything they don't like?
>>
>> Dick Fischer
>> THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
>> http://www.orisol.com
>
>Yes. The Christians in the document appear to be country bumpkins who
>are slow witted and predjudiced. The biologists appear to be open
>minded, intellegent and reasonable. In other words it is a characture.
>
> Bob Miller

Christians who attempt to reconcile Christianity with evolutionary theory
must be a tiny minority indeed. It is clear that the authors say there is no
need of God in order to know how things came to be. I saw some of them on
C-SPAN this weekend. Although they give lip service to "religion" it is
clear that such views are tolerated but not held in high esteem.

Moorad