violence in the flood.

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 04 Apr 1998 21:06:12 -0600

At 05:48 PM 4/4/98 -0600, bpayne@voyageronline.net wrote:
>told that the following is harsh and uncalled for:
>
>> "No, Glenn, I see you requiring more violence from the flood than YECs
>> do, but only so you can use the violence to corner the YECs."
>
>I publically apologize for the implication that Glenn might slant
>data/interpretations for the purpose of discrediting any group of
>people. I didn't see or intend it that way when I wrote it, but I can't
>deny the obvious now that it's been pointed out to me.
>
>Please forgive me, I'll try to be more careful in the future.

I didn't take any offense at it. In fact I was thinking of it on the way
home tonight from a party because it does raise an issue that has
interesting possibilities. How violent was the flood which could erode the
entire preflood world and deposit up to 60,000 feet of sediments? The
carrying load of water is directly proportional to the velocity of the
water. A gentle flood seems like an oxymoron to me.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood