Re: Scientists becoming Christians

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Fri, 03 Apr 1998 16:14:32 -0500 (EST)

At 05:02 PM 4/2/98 -0800, Ron & Merrie Carson wrote:
>All, Can anyone help me out with the following?
>
>One of our science teachers asked me if I knew the name of a well-known
>scientist who had converted to Christianity either shortly before his
>death or
>at the end of a long career as an atheist. Does this ring any bells
>with you?
>I felt like I had heard this story before, but couldn't come up with a
>name.
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ron Carson

I can think of a well-known mathematician, Kronecker, who fought Cantor
bitterly over the transfinite numbers. Kronecker became a Christian at a
very old age. I believe Cantor was a Christian, albeit of Jewish origin like
Kronecker. Von Neumann was also a Christian, Catholic, from Jewish
extraction also. I am not sure if he became a Christian at an old age.

Moorad