Re: Student needing information

Daniel Criswell (dcriswell1@juno.com)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:00:14 -0500

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998 10:48:34 -0600 (CST) Pattle Pun
<Pattle.P.Pun@wheaton.edu> writes:

What God intended for the flood to do was to wipe all MANKIND
>because of their sins and start the human race again through Noah and
>his
>descendents. Local flood which wiped out the people at that time would
>fulfill this purpose. I have tried to elaborate this point in my book,
>"Evolution: Nature and Scripture in Conflict?"(Zondervan, 1982) which
>unfortunately has been out of print.

You are correct with respect to God's purpose for the flood in accordance
with Genesis 6:5. However, God's method was not to "wipe out the people
at that time," as you say. Genesis 6:7 says that God's method of
destruction was to "blot out from the face of the earth man and beast and
creeping things and birds of the air...."

Therefore if God chose to flood the earth, a global flood would be
necessary to accomplish that end.

Dan Criswell

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]