Re: Coconino - Evidence for a flood?

George Andrews (andrewsg@letu.edu)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:47:17 -0600

--------------D63C396983CAD3F05C449E5D

John Neal wrote:

> I live in this world. This is my dwelling for now. Anything that seeks to
> destroy my treasure in heaven through whatever means is my enemy. I am not
> about to give concurrence to my enemy, for my enemy is absolutely bent on
> seeking my life and my reward. Christ didn't come to bring peace, but a
> sword. A sword is made for battle. The nature of the faithful man's
> survival and prosperity is his persistence in the truth. Christ is that
> truth, and nothing else is.
>
> Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

"The day is coming when men shall kill you and THINK they do God service."
Since we are bound to err, let us err on the side of grace and mercy and not
legality and judgementalism. Such an attitude as expressed here was expressed
against Christ, the apostles and the early church by those who were supposedly
defending the truth. Was not the sword Jesus referred to a prophetic warning
to those who would believe of the WORLD's rejection and persecution? Surly, we
are to be "...harmless as doves."

George

--George Andrews Jr.Assistant Professor of PhysicsLeTourneau Universityandrewsg@letu.edu

--------------D63C396983CAD3F05C449E5DContent-Type: text/html; charset=us-asciiContent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit