Re: Coconino - Evidence for a flood?

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:50:46 -0500 (EST)

At 01:05 PM 3/22/98 -0700, John W Burgeson wrote:
>John Neal makes an interesting claim, when he writes:
>
>" Knowledge is only obtained through God's
>revealing truth and then one's own experience giving context to this
>particular truth, which then is properly called knowledge. "
>
>If that claim is true, then one outside of Christ can never properly to
>have knowledge of anything. Do you agree, John?
>
>In which case, before your conversion, which we may expect did not happen
>until you were at least a few years old, you had no knowledge. Do you
>also agree, John?
>
>Your claim is, as I see it, preposterous. Or else your definition of
>"knowledge" is so narrow as to be without useful content.
>
> Burgy

I was wondering how we ought to interpret the following verses: "that their
hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining
to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding,
resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in
whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Col.2:2-3.

Moorad