Re: More on the Image of God

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:55:41 -0600

John Neal wrote:

>Now, here's the information: Paul says in 1Cor 11:6-9 - "For if the woman
>be not covered, let her be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn
>or shaven, let her (and, not him) be covered. For a man (a man, and not a
>woman) indeed ought not to cover his (his, and not her) head, forasmuch as he
>(he and not she) is the image and glory of God ...

My point exactly. Paul is speaking to the redeemed of the church. The
man is God's representative to his family. It is the same as in any
military chain of command. Christ is the head of the church and the
Christian man is the head of his family. His wife serves as wise
counselor and woe to the man who does not listen.

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com