Re: Social Problems (was Social Problems--Part A)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 13:53:15 -0600

At 07:21 AM 2/22/98 -0500, Charles Cairns wrote:

>>Yes, one-sided, although two guys. We could take a poll among the women in
>>our lives and find out what they think of polygamy.
>

>Yes, very one-sided indeed. I wonder if this debate would exist were the
>women on the list discussing polyandry.

I would point out something I read in an anthropology book once on
polyandry. It apparently is limited to brothers having the same wife and
doesn't seem to work with unrelated males. The speculation was that only
the close ties of two brothers provides the stability required for such a
situation.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood