Re: Science of God

George Andrews (andrewsg@letu.edu)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:43:18 -0600

--------------184E8BF44958DCF4860E192E

Bryan Bishop wrote:

> >He believes that the first 6 days of Genesis are from the universes time
> frame perspective; its not until the creation of Adam that the perspective
> moves to the earth's time frame. So if your frame of reference is the same
> as the CBR, events on earth would be speeding by, the age of dinosaurs (120
> million years) is just an hour long from the CBR perspective.
> >(I hope I'm not butchtering this.) He is not saying God is slowing down.
> The perspective that the opening of Genesis is written from changes at the
> creation of Adam. Since Adam, the perspective has been earth based.
> >
> >He uses moderm physics and ancient (>600 years old) commentary on Genesis
> to back up the claim that even the ancient Hebrew scholars made predictions
> about the nature of the universe that are being discovered by scientists
> today.
> >That's it in a nutshell. He cites lots of scientific papers, and is a
> physicist himself and a Hebrew scholar.

Does this mean Moses was a relativist? What of contemporary (to Moses)
Babylonian cosmology, e.g. the Emuma elish that offers the exact 6 day sinario
-- with the notable exception of polytheism. This latter account predates the
Torah and surly Moses -- educated as an Egyptian -- thought in these terms
also; not 20th century physics! Of course you could say God was transmitting
hidden messages; but why would any one want to say that?
George

--George Andrews Jr.Assistant Professor of PhysicsLeTourneau Universityandrewsg@letu.edu

--------------184E8BF44958DCF4860E192EContent-Type: text/html; charset=us-asciiContent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit