Dawkins: Dawkins & Polly Toynbee / Dawkins & Michael Poole / 4

Bob Carling (carling@tcp.co.uk)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:37:19

John Catalano is a fan of Richard Dawkins, and has a substantial website
about Dawkins. He recently posted information about the Poole/Dawkins
exchange (in Science and Christian Belief), as you can see from below.

Bob Carling

>Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 00:08:45 -0500
>From: "John Catalano" <catalj@spacelab.net>
>Subject: Dawkins: Dawkins & Polly Toynbee / Dawkins & Michael Poole / 4
new featured links
>Sender: owner-rdawkins@secular.org
>
>HEADLINES: ( http://www.spacelab.net/~catalj/#topnews )
>
>I found this recently while searching the web. An exchange from "The
>Independent", 20 and 24 February 1997:
>
>** The nature of our DNA will always lag behind nurture: Gene testing is
>pointless. Our fates are more likely to be shaped by our postcodes by
>Polly Toynbee:
>
>http://www.virgin.net/bv/resource/health/ethics/genetics/features/199702200
0.html

>** A response: What your genes reveal about you: Nature and nurture is
>not an either/or issue by Richard Dawkins
>
>http://www.virgin.net/bv/resource/health/ethics/genetics/features/199702240
0.html

>----------
>These articles were just posted by "Christian Students in Science" (CSIS
>http://www.csis.org.uk/), and originally published in "Science and
>Christian Belief" in Vol 6 (April 1994) and Vol 7 (1995)
>
>An exchange between Michael Poole and Richard Dawkins...
>
>** A Critique of Aspects of the Philosophy and Theology of Richard
>Dawkins by Michael Poole, Visiting Research Fellow at King's College,
>London:
>
>http://www.csis.org.uk/Articles/Papers/Paper9/paper9.htm
>
>** A Reply to Poole by Richard Dawkins:
>
>http://www.csis.org.uk/Articles/Papers/Paper10/paper10.htm
>
>** A Response to Dawkins by Michael Poole:
>
>http://www.csis.org.uk/Articles/Papers/Paper11/paper11.htm
>
>----------
>Four NEW FEATURED LINKS:
>( see http://www.spacelab.net/~catalj/home.html#featured )
>
>1) "Artificial Life" - a wonderful hypertext introduction by Thomas Ray,
>the creator of Tierra.
>
>2) SoftBlocks - an interesting new simulation language, ideal for
>developing artificial life applications. One app is described - ZedLand
>
>3) KEGG: Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes
>
>4) Creation 'Science' Debunked by Lenny Flank
>
>----------
>I reformatted these pages to be easier to read and select:
>
>"Online Papers and Commentary by Dawkins"
>http://www.spacelab.net/~catalj/papers.htm
>
>"Online Interviews and Articles about Dawkins"
>http://www.spacelab.net/~catalj/articles.htm
>
>----------
>I apologize that my homepage has become very bloated and slow to load.
>When I get my new (much faster) PC, all the pages will be split off and
>the site redone using FrontPage 98.
>
>best wishes,
>John
>
>--
>John Catalano + catalj@spacelab.net + New York, USA
>"The World of Richard Dawkins" + http://www.spacelab.net/~catalj
>
>ps. Especially note this excerpt from one of the articles above
> [...]
Dr R.C.J. Carling, Senior Commissioning Editor Science
National Publishing, The Stationery Office
St Crispins, Duke Street, Norwich NR3 1PD

Home: Work:
Tel: 01703 778830 Tel: 01603 69 4918
Fax modem: 01703 342838 Fax: 01603 69 6768
www.tcp.co.uk/~carling www.national-publishing.co.uk
carling@tcp.co.uk bob.carling@theso.co.uk