Temp outside the ark (was: Error in Article & what should be done.)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:14:52 -0600

I am going to change the title of the thread.

At 10:04 AM 2/12/98 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>At 05:55 AM 2/12/98 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:
>
>>It is extremely unlikely that the outside temperature could drop given all
>>the processes which were generating heat. Think of all the earth's
>>volcanoes and basaltic traps erupting during that one year. If you use
>>Baumgardner's runaway subduction idea it would generate 10^28 J, which means
>>that the earth would radiate at several thousand times that of the sun's
>>surface.
>
>Except that there was no sun, and the solar radiation might well have been 0.

Let me assure you that 10^28 joules coming out of the center of the earth in
one year as Baumgardner, et al, suggest, is more than sufficient to replace
the solar heat many times over.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood