Re: Again to Moorad

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 09:25:26 -0500 (EST)

At 10:35 AM 2/7/98 -0500, Jan de Koning wrote:
>At 01:25 PM 06/02/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>>
>>Dear Jan,
>>
>>One of my favorite chapter in Scripture is John 9. The blind man facing the
>>inquisition of the Pharisees says: "....Whether He is a sinner, I do not
>>know; one thing I do know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see." John 9:25.
>>It is the simplicity of this verse vis a vis the depth of the questions
>>being asked that always impressed me. I believe that much of the discussions
>>we Christians undertake are of this type. We refuse to acknowledge and
>>glorify God and instead attempt to understand all with our feeble minds with
>>no sense of humility. I suppose you would also be annoyed at Christ when He
>>spoke in parables.
>>
>>Take care,
>>
>>Moorad
>
>Dear Moorad,
>
>Again, that is something we all say in certain circumstances, and all the
>time. Still, I believe that you and I are sinners, which means that we
>have to try to understand each other. Your text quoting does not further
>any discussion. Since you are a sinner like the rest of us, we have to
>watch each other, and point out where we go wrong. Therefor I say, that
>you use a Scripture exegesis based on an unbiblical philosophy. The Bible
>is not a book full of propositions, where we can pull texts out of their
>context to refuse to answer any existing questions. Since you use the
>Bible as a book full of propositions, you miss much of the richness of
>what the Bible says. If you cannot answer any statements, acknowledge
>that. I will gladly confess, that I "with my feeble mind" do not
>understand everything, but I am fully convinced that God in the book of
>nature, nor in the book of Scripture, is trying to fool us. Humility goes
>both ways. That is why I objected to the way you stopped answering
>Burgeson. If you don't know, acknowledge that.
>
>Jan de Koning
>Willowdale, Ont.

Dear Jan,

I am sure all of us have their own interpretation of Scripture. But we all
agree that the most important message of Genesis is that we are creatures
and there is a Creator Therefore, the existence of a very powerful God and
humans with frailties and obnoxious pride is a stark reality to me. Remember
it was not sex that turned the most beautiful angel into Satan. I have
answered all the questions raised by Burgerson--perhaps he did not receive
the type of answers he wanted. Let him ask again whatever he wants and I
will again respond to him. I have never shied away from a good discussion.

Moorad

p.s. God does not fool anybody. We are good enough to fool ourselves.