Re: Chuck wrote:

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 13:39:41 -0500 (EST)

At 06:29 PM 2/5/98 GMT-5, Brian T. Greuel wrote:

>> Scientifically speaking, I think the question is without meaning.
>
>I agree with you. But then you seem to contradict yourself below by
discussing
>"data" that seem to imply that a zygote (actually you mean cleavage-stage
>embryo) does NOT have a soul.
>
>> But there is some data which indicates that, if the soul is "real,"
>> that the embryo stage is a possible place.
>>
>> If the soul is real (we are two-part (or more) beings, there are two
>> pieces of data which indicate the zygote does not possess one.
>>
>> 1. Zygotes sometimes split into two or more individuals before
>> implantation time. One can hardly hold that a soul would also split.
>>
>> 2. Two zygotes, apparently, have been known to fuse into one individual.
>> Surely one can not hold that such an individual has two souls?
>>

>I find these kinds of arguments very unpersuasive. How can you ascribe
>material properties to a spiritual entity like the soul?
>
>--Brian

Dear Brian,

I agree with you. We Christians should be careful when discussing questions
that may be beyond our present understanding. Perhaps some of these
questions are humanly unanswerable. Let us hope that the following is not
said of us: "Professing to be wise, they became fools." Rom. 1:2.

Take care,

Moorad