Re: Again to Moorad

Jan de Koning (dekoning@idirect.com)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:21:10 -0500

At 01:58 PM 05/02/98 -0500, Moorad wrote:
>At 09:50 AM 2/5/98 -0700, John W Burgeson wrote:
>>Moorad, you stated:
>>
>>"Life begins at conception. The notion that the joining of egg and sperm
>>gives rise to a conscious being is unfathomable. It is a mystery which
>>must
>>be approached with reverence. The terminating of that life is
>>sacrilegious.
>>I believe this is what a simple reading of Scripture implies. Man's pride
>>is
>>a stumbling block to such simple faith."
>>
>>All the above are opinions, dear friend, some of which I agree with.
>>
>>You have stated them as claims, but a claim without evidence or argument
>>is just an opinion.
>>
>>As opinions, I have no reason to comment upon them further.
>>
>> Burgy
>
>Dear John,
>
>That is what I gather from reading Scripture. I have made no claims, these
>are my opinions. Remember that in life we make choices, we do not invent or
>create anything. These are the choices I have made. You can make your own.
>Each Christian has to soaked himself/herself in Scripture and act
>accordingly. That is what I understand as walking in the light of the Truth
>and growing in the Lord.
>
>Take care,
>
>Moorad

Moorad,
A reply like this is very unhelpfull, and does not further any discussion.
The least you could have done is give Scripture references, which then
could be discussed. Now you only say I am right and that is not only not
helpful, but also very annoying and alienating.

So reconsider Burgy's letter again, please. If you do not, most of us will
conclude that Burgy is right and you are wrong (unscriptural?)

Jan de Koning
Willowdale, Ont.