Re: Mongolian carbonate concretions

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 20:51:19 -0600

At 09:36 AM 2/2/98 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>Lets consider burrows as another possibility, but dendritic patterns are
>one of the most common patterns in nature. They are among other things, a
>common manifestation of chaotic patterns that could be an indicator of
>nothing in particular.

I agree that dendritic patterns can be indicative of nothing in particular.
But do we find dendritic rhizoliths in association with rocks that are not
considered to be terrestrial by most geologists? I don't know so here is
your chance to whack me good. :-)

>>The lack of glauconite in these Eolian deposits and its presence in other
>>rocks in the same area such as the Muav limestone of the Grand Canyon. What
>>sourced the Mauv and didn't source the Coconino or Navajo?
>
>Nobody has ever suggested the Navajo or Coconino had teh same source as the
>Tapeats.

I would not suggest this as possible in the generally accepted geological
history. However if all these deposits, Tapeats, Muav Coconino etc are all
deposited within a single year in a global flood, the sources for all of
these rocks can not be that far away and there could be some intermixing.
And considering the massive mixing of the flood waters why the lithological
purity of the Coconino and Navajo and a different purity for the Redwall?
Where is the sand mixed in with the Redwall?

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood