Re: Lies and half-truths?

Allen Roy (allen@infomagic.com)
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 22:50:10 -0800

Wesley R. Elsberry wrote:

> I'm interested, Allen. Can you document a lie in the t.o. FAQs?
> Any one should do, but I would be especially interested in any
> that I might have penned. I'm open to revising my work to
> correspond with the best available information, and I'm sure
> that most other authors on the t.o. site feel the same way.

Anyone can say this, knowing full well that no one has the time to
adequatly research all the thousands of statments to document a 'lie.'
Not to mention the near impossiblity of 'proving' that something is a
lie.

My statement was not based on being able to prove beyond a shadow of
doubt that someone deliberatly lied. Rather, it is an expression of the
over all feeling one gets by reading the FAQs and especially the T.O.
newsgroup that lies and half-truths pass for gospel. It is not that
everything is error, but rather a mixture of error and truth -- much as
the tree of the knowledge-of-good-and-evil.

I'm not saying that anyone deliberatly lies, although some may. Rather,
that certain teachings or positions are lies in that they are anti-God.
The father of lies promotes these ideas in opposition to the God truth.

Allen