Re: We are losing. Big time. (fwd)

Gordon Simons (simons@stat.unc.edu)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:22:19 -0500 (EST)

To my comment,

George wrote:
> I disagree, & in fact disagree with the general practice here of
> putting YECs on one side of the issue & OECs _with_ TEs on the other
> side. The really important issue is evolution, not age. With his
> rejection of human evolution, Ross has more in common with YECs than
> with TEs. & by telling Christians that they should reject evolution, he
> is part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

George,

And of the two, the age issue is absolutely clear. If we can't get
Christians beyond that, there is no hope of resolving the other. Throw
your stones at Ross if you can not think of anything better to do. I think
you are wrong to do so. Frankly, I think the evolution question is pretty
compelling, but lots of serious and honest Christians within the science
have their doubts. Give them some room, and don't lump them with the IRC.

Gordie