Re: We are losing. Big time. (fwd)

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 18:25:01 -0500

Gordon Simons wrote:

> Good point. I taught a Sunday School class several years ago which drew
> fairly heavily on Ross's material. I think it was well received. We can
> debate, if we want, whether Ross has it all correct, but ASA types would
> be wise to be generally supportive of his significant effort to respond to
> the YEC influence in the church.

I disagree, & in fact disagree with the general practice here of
putting YEcs on one side of the issue & OECs _with_ TEs on the other
side. The really important issue is evolution, not age. With his
rejection of human evolution, Ross has more in common with YECs than
with TEs. & by telling Christians that they should reject evolution, he
is part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy