Re: preserving raindrops and mats

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 21:41:49 -0600

Wed, 14 Jan 98 07:20:01 CDT Glenn Morton wrote:

> But the
> most important item which is needed is that the raindrop impressions and
> tracks must have time to dry and harden. If the sediments containing the
> tracks or impressions were not hard, they would likley be washed away when
> the next wave comes by. It is precisely this lack of drying and hardening
> which makes it so hard for footprints on a beach to be preserved when the next
> wave comes in. So contrary to what global flood advocates imply, footprints
> and raindrop impressions require drying out prior to the next influx of
> sedimentary material.

The thing I notice most about present-day mud flats where I do see
raindrop impressions preserved on the surface is that the mud displays
mud cracks caused by shrinkage due to dessication as the drying
progressed to harden the mud. Are mud cracks normally associated with
raindrop impressions in the rock strata?

Bill