Re: Most Christians

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:15:03 -0500

John W. Burgeson wrote:

> Glenn wrote, in response to my last post:
>
> " Most Christians don't want the earth to be old, don't want evolution,
> don't want science and don't want the modern problems they view science
> has
> visited upon us."
>
> Given this assessment, what is to be done about i?
>
> Suppose a better explanation is "ICR et al is very successful." Then what
> might we do?

"We" might be able to learn something from ICR by way of
marketting techniques, but certainly _not_ science or theology. I don't
think it can be repeated too often that "success", in numerical terms,
cannot be the criterion for good theology. I don't want to
overdramatize here because I don't want to suggest that ICR folk are, by
virtue of holding that position, not Christian. But we ought to learn
something from the biblical idea of the "remnant". 5 x 10^7 Frenchment
- or Americans - can be wrong.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy