Re: Fish Heads

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 06:01:20 -0600

At 10:16 PM 1/13/98 -0600, bpayne@voyageronline.net wrote:
>Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:22:08 -0800 Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>>
>> Fish are found in the areas where the laminae are, but not everywhere.
>> THere are specific stratigraphic and geographic regions where the fish are
>> most common.
>
>Good. Then fish fossils are definitely associated with the laminae which
>have been interpreted as annual varves. Now, do we see annual varves
>accumulating today which also have interbedded dead fish which might
>potentially become fossils under the right conditions? We need a
>credible model/mechanism for the preservation of dead fish until they
>eventually get buried if the varve theory survives.
>
>I am also surprised that the laminae were not destroyed by bioturbation
>if this was a lake-bottom environment of slow accumulation.

Bill, If you have doubts about slow processes creating the Green River, why
don't you apply the same skepticism to the view you hold to. The global
flood has severe problems also.

There is about 26,000 feet of strata underneath the Green River ALL of which
must have been deposited by the Flood, which lasted 370 days. The Green
River is about 2600 feet thick with 13 milllion layers (6.5 million couplets
of carbonate/sapropel). Do the math. This represents an average
depositional rate of 3.2 feet per hour. So the 2600 feet of Green River
took 796 hours to be deposited. This works out to be 4.5 layers per second.

The problems.

1. How do you get such a big system (>40,000 square kilometers) to alternate
depositional material every quarter of a second.

2. Why is there a 4.5 year (9 layer) El Nino cycle found in the Green River

3. Why then is there an 22 layer(normally interpreted as a 11 year)
cyclicity in thickness?

4. why is there a 40,000 (20,000 years cyclicity)?

5. Are these cyclicities just fortuitously the same as astronomical cycles?

6. Considering that there are footprints at the edges of the Green River,
how fast could the animals walk?

Tell me in detail how the Catastrophic model can explain these facts?

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood