RE: Jim said

Behnke, James (james.behnke@asbury.edu)
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:21:42 -0500

John wrote:

> Assume ALL of the ID folks are "pushing ID" for the wrong reasons.
> Suppose they are all pushing it "with malice in mind." To this, I
> would
> simply observe "so what?" I am interested in where the ID hypothesis
> leads, and what we can find out because of it. The motivations of the
> people involved are of trivial interest.
>
> If you, as a scientist, pursue your science because you think it would
> further the cause of (name your favorite "bad thing" here), that fact
> gives me no reason to toss your science overboard.

I don't think I would mind that a person might do science driven
by apologetics. A colleague here has designed experiments based on his
theology, and I encouraged him in the endeavor.

What bothers me is when a person (PJ) tells me that apologetics
and theology don't have anything to do with the project under
discussion, and I have been told by another participant (MB) that
apologetics is the driving force for the project.