RE: Request for bible passages on "natural" processes

Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 18:37:16 -0500

Joel

You wrote:
>I am looking for examples of verses in the bible that attribute God's
>action to processes for which we have physical explanations. For
>example, Psalm 147, "He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the
earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."

Here are some:
Genesis 9:13, "I have set my rainbow in the clouds."
Genesis 9:14, "Whenever I bring clouds over the earth.."
Job 9 has a whole bunch: "He speaks to the sun and it does not shine."
see also Job 26, e.g. vs. 8: "He wraps up the waters in his clouds." vs.
9, "He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it."

Just so that you know that I don't have all these memorized, I used the
NIV version of Zondervan's "Bible Source" (DOS versin) and searched for
"sun" and clouds." Any bible software package probably lets you do
these wonderful things.

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB