Re: Green River varves

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Mon, 05 Jan 1998 14:43:48 -0800

At 12:50 PM 1/5/98 -0400, David wrote:

>Duane Gish, in a debate on campus here, claimed that ICR scientists had
>examined the Permian Glass Mountain reefs of Texas and concluded that they
>weren't reefs. Thus, the YEC explanation for fossil reefs seems to be
>denial. There are good Pleistocene fossil reefs throughout the tropics; I
>have also seen Paleocene and Pliocene reefs here in the southeastern U.S.,
>and Oligocene and Miocene coral reefs are also reported.

I think it is unfair to equate something Duane Gish claimed with "The YEC
explanation". Even if it were true that the two were the same, the basis
should not be that Gish said it.

Also, unless soemthing has changed drastically, neither Gish nor any of his
ICR cohorts could have examined the Glass Mountain "reef", since it has
been off limits even to geologists for years.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu