jargon

Paul Arveson (arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:50:19 -0400

>Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 16:58:44 -0600
>From: "Eduardo G. Moros" <moros@castor.wustl.edu>
>Subject: Scientific Definitions of Common Phrases
>
>After several years of studying and hard work, I have finally learned
> scientific jargon. The following list of phrases and their
> definitions will help you to understand that mysterious language of
> science and medicine.
>
> "IT HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN"...I didn't look up the original reference.

My favorites along this line are:

"IT CAN BE SHOWN THAT" ... I don't want to go to the trouble of deriving it.

"IT IS LEFT AS AN EXERCISE TO THE READER" ... The most pertinent, useful
conclusions are not in the book.

Paul Arveson, Code 724, Research Physicist, Signatures Directorate
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division
9500 MacArthur Blvd., West Bethesda, MD 20817-5700
arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil bridges@his.com
(301) 227-3831 (301) 227-4511 (FAX)