history sources

Paul Arveson (arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:12:07 -0400

At 02:30 PM 12/14/97 -0500, George Murphy wrote:

> A good suggestion. Another obvious question - which I'll pursue
>as soon as I get time if no one beats me to it - is, "What sources does
>Manchester cite?"

Manchester's documentation is not good. He lists a big bibliography at the
back of the book but does not document which book a given argument came
from. This is why I have had trouble confirming some of what Manchestor
wrote. I can't read everything listed in that darn bibliography to find his
source. That is why ever since Ted's and my discussion, I keep looking for
other books that might cover the topic.

glenn

I invite any of you to come to Washington and take a look at some of the
original sources at the Naval Observatory and the Library of Congress.
There are a lot of ancient astronomy texts here for scholars who want to do
accurate historical research.

Paul Arveson, Code 724, Research Physicist, Signatures Directorate
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division
9500 MacArthur Blvd., West Bethesda, MD 20817-5700
arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil bridges@his.com
(301) 227-3831 (301) 227-4511 (FAX)