Re: Defining GOG

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:29:18 -0800

At 03:50 PM 12/17/97 -0600, Glenn wrote:

> It is also fundamentally impossible to determine whether a
>sequence made by a highly organized process like life, is different from a
>sequence generated by random processes.THUS ONE CANNOT USE THE HIGHLY
>ORGANIZED NATURE OF LIFE AS EVIDENCE OF DESIGN. THE COMPLEXITY OF LIFE MIGHT
>BE DUE TO A RANDOM PROCESS.

Goodness, Glenn, I know you are not a biologist, but this shouldn't make
sense to a physicist either! One would certainly want to be able to
postulate what that random process was (or can one postulate anything about
a random process). It seems to me that it is almost impossible to detect
truly random processes anyway, and similar arguments could equally apply to
your thought processes, and even your existence. Maybe the postmodernists
have a point.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu