Re: Defining GOG

George Andrews (andrewsg@letu.edu)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:01:50 -0600

Craig Rusbult wrote:

> Always? Maybe not; we should not use "the boy who cried wolf" logic to
> eliminate a plausible theory (such as ID) from consideration. One type of
> gaps-error is to insist on gaps if (in reality) there are none; but if gaps
> really do exist, then assuming they don't exist will lead us into error.
>
> Craig

This is precisely the problem with ID. Evolution theory may (can?) account for
information generation via complexity notions which, therefore, fill the design
or information gap. This information gap, as I understand, is the thrust of the
ID argument.

George

--George Andrews Jr.Assistant Professor PhysicsLeTourneau Universityandrewsg@letu.edu