Re: Acceptance of macroevolution

Steven Schimmrich (schimmrich@earthlink.net)
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:46:27 -0500

Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>These should be acceptable to everyone. I am still waiting for the
>evidence of speciation events that I do not doubt occurred (I believe a lot
>of microevolution has occurred). Within the last week, two different
>individuals on this listserve have stated that speciation has been
>observed, and I asked them to give me instances. I believe speciation has
>occurred, a lot of it, but I am still anxiously waiting for the
>observational evidence.

Check out the following interesting essays on the Talk Origins archive:

Macroevolution:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/macroevolution.html

Observed Instances of Speciation:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html

Some More Observed Speciation Events:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/speciation.html

- Steve.

--      Steven H. Schimmrich             KB9LCG  schimmrich@earthlink.net      Department of Physical Sciences               Kutztown University      217 Grim Science Building, Kutztown, PA 19530      (610) 683-4437      http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/s-schim     Fides quaerens intellectum