Re: textbooks

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 21:22:12 -0800

At 09:46 PM 12/5/97 -0500, Steve wrote:
> You misunderstand my point. It's "incredibly arrogant" when people with
>no knowledge of a subject attempt to define it. That obviously doesn't
>apply to "the common lay people of America", but to those without knowledge
>of, or training in, science who attempt to rewrite, censor, revise, or
>paste warning labels in science textbooks (mostly Evangelical Christians,
>unfortunately).

Is it true that the Alabama statement was written by people without an
education in science? I had been led to believe otherwise. If so we have
indeed fallen on dangerous times (although not particularly because of this
statement, which I believe is civil, rational and acceptable)
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu