Re: classic arguments

Chuck Noren (noren@inetnow.net)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 18:15:09 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, George Murphy wrote:

> Chuck Noren wrote:
> > One important criteria, however,
> > is that I interpret a literal Adam and Eve with a Fall, because
> > without that, NT theology (such as Paul in Romans) would not make
> > sense.
>
> Only in Romans & I Timothy 2 does "a literal Adam and Eve with a
> Fall" play any role in NT theology. Of course these (especially the
> 1st) are important passages & need to be dealt with, but it is
> misleading to suggest that this is a major theme of NT writers.
> George Murphy

I agree that this theme is not a major theme of NT writers,
however because of its prominance in Romans and its comparison
to the second Adam, Christ, I think argues for being a big piece of
the puzzle in explaining the entrance of sin in the world and its
noetic effect on humankind. The passages speak of Adam in the same
literal sense as Christ. I would be curious as to alternative
interpretations.

-Chuck
----
Chuck Noren