Re: classic arguments

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 14:05:32 -0800

At 01:06 PM 12/5/97 -0500, Chuck wrote:

>I am also concerned when the OT, particularly Genesis, is
>regarded as an inferior document containing errors. To hold
>that kind of view implies, indirectly, that Christ's confidence
>in the OT was misplaced, which in turn puts into question
>the integrety of Christ. The question then is if Christ was
>wrong at this point, can we trust Him in matters of Salvation
>and Faith, and if so, why?

Given the extent to which the Old Testament is quoted by Jesus Himself (80
direct quotes a few of them duplicates) and the number of times Jesus made
direct reference to the events in Genesis as literal (Creation, creation of
male and female, killing of Abel, the flood, Noah, ark, all destroyed,
Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot's wife-pillar of salt, Moses and burning bush,
giving of manna, etc), and given the admonition of Peter in II Peter 3:2, I
think we can safely conclude the Old Testament is validated and amplified
in the New, and that they are two parts of a single Whole, as Peter emphasizes.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu