Re: textbooks

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 11:16:33 -0800

At 10:33 AM 12/5/97 -0600, George wrote:

>Precisely! In fact, it is my experience that such anti-scientific attitudes
>which students bring with them to college only serve to inhibit intellectual
>exploration even among believing scientists. This false dichotomy often
>results in an irrational fear of scientific knowledge. Surly, if the
>christian position is True, than we have nothing to fear.

In my opinion it is precisely this issue that explains the failure of the
Jewish mind to exhibit the kind of intellectual curiosity found among the
Greeks. The Jews, under the guidance of a theocrasy had their scientific
curiosity stifled. They knew who had done it! They clearly were
antiscientific. It was the Greeks, freed from this knowledge that went on
to establish the roots of modern science and intellectual exploration.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu