Chicken Soup for the Soul (fwd)

Joel Cannon (cannon@alpha.centenary.edu)
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:09:24 -0600 (CST)

> Arthur Chadwick wrote:
>
> What kind of a Designer would create in a confused, random pattern? If God
> did so, we probably would not refer to Him as a designer.
> Art
> http://chadwicka.swau.edu

Based on what you have said, it seems to me that you would like the
Nicene Creed changed to read,

"I believe in one God the Father Almighty, DESIGNER of heaven and
earth."

That is arguably a substantial change from historic faith. It seems to
canonize the very particular 19th century ideas of design, a la
William Paley into historic Christian faith.

Joel W. Cannon Celebrate Buy Nothing Day !!!!!!!
Dept. of Physics A 24 hour moratorium on Consumer Spending
Centenary College of Louisiana November 28, 1997
P. O. Box 41188
Shreveport, LA 71134-1188 Participate by not participating!

(318)869-5160 www.adbusters.org/adbusters/Pop/
(318)869-5026 FAX buynothingday.html