Re: Final Textbook Insert

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 02 Dec 1997 21:54:32 -0600

Hi Art,

At 04:27 PM 12/1/97 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>A few years ago I attended the American Humanist Association national
>meetings in Dallas. That was an eye opener, and I recommend it to anyone
>naive enough to think that the promotion of evolution in the schools is an
>agendaless proposition. These people, mostly teachers in the public school
>system were militantly hostile to any suggestion in any book at any level
>that evolution had anything to do with God. They belittled textbook after
>textbook that was less than absolute in its declarations on origins. Any
>hedge words like "Scientists believe" were denigrated.

Art, one must distinguish between the agenda of these folks and evolution.
Just because communists liked evolution does not mean that evolution is
communistic. Communists liked evolution because it was materialistic in
their view. Nazi's liked evolution (justification for their extermination of
the feeble minded). Capitalists, like Spencer, liked evolution because it
justified robber barons and capitalisms, survival of the fittest world.
Everyone can see in evolution what they view as their agenda. Evolution
doesn't have the agenda, the people do.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood