Re: textbooks

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Mon, 01 Dec 1997 18:57:52 -0800

At 05:48 PM 12/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Regarding the following assertions and responses: In the past year I have
>surveyed over twenty high school and college level biology textbooks and
>HAVE NOT FOUND ONE SINGLE BOOK WHICH STATES THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST. In
>fact, the books never mention the topic of "God." They make no statements
>for or against the idea of God. They simply outline the logic of evolution
>and discuss the various mechanisms as we understand them today. The topic
>of evolution is treated in exactly the same manner as all other topics: how
>cells divide, how cells reproduce, how cells die, how cells evolve, and so
>on. As a Christian, I am not remotely offended by anything I've read in any
>of the books.

Well maybe you are not offended, but do you really want your second grader
being taught that he or she originated from an ocean of chicken soup? I
don't know what textbook the humanists were reading from, but I can vouch
for what I heard them read. If that is an acceptable explanation of origins
for you, I have no doubt about why you were not offended.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu