Re: Shroud of Turin (was [Fwd: Age of universe])

Karen G. Jensen (kjensen@calweb.com)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 18:32:12 -0600

Wed, 19 Nov 1997 23:02:03 -0500 John Neal wrote:

>I've seen the shroud in documentaries and I can't see how it is claimed
>to be Christ's with much conviction at all.
>
>Read John 19:39-40:

Also read John 20:3-9:

Simon Peter, who was behind him (John), arrived and went into the tomb. He
saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the burial cloth that had
been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from
the linen.
(v.6-7).

The cloth around His head was separate from the rest. So we don't expect a
shroud with the impression of His whole body on it.

Karen