Re: Second law of Thermodynamics

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 23:10:21 -0600

At 03:24 PM 11/21/97, Moorad Alexanian wrote:

>I am still puzzled. Is there any guide in the search? If so, what determines
>or provides that guiding mechanism?

Hi Moorad,

No there was no guide to the search. The mutations were RANDOM. You can get
an illustration of this by downloading and running a program from my web
page called Selection. You get to choose what shape to select for in a
screen critter that has a 4 unit genome. If you choose the same shape at
the same location on the screen, and run the program over and over, you will
get a different solution every time. Similarly, you get a different solution
every time when you search for a given functional biological molecule. The
same function is accomplished but a different molecule does it.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood